We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic self-driven person to lead sustainability projects for The Lakes Free Range Egg Co Ltd. (The Lakes)
For over 25 years The Lakes has been committed to supplying free range and organic free range eggs to the highest ethical and welfare standards. We are constantly working to improve the welfare of our hens, and the environment in which we live and work. Sustainability is core to what we do, and we work hard to maintain our leading edge in the industry.
Constantly evolving, we have created a new role specifically focusing on our sustainability development and management. This role will develop over time and reports directly to our CEO.
If you have a passion for sustainability, a background in environmental science and a desire to develop this exciting new role, we’d like to hear from you.
Location: This role is based at our head office near Penrith in the Lake District
The role: This new, flexible role would suit an ambitious graduate or someone already working in the sustainability sector. The successful applicant will play a key role in supporting the delivery of our sustainability strategy and must be able to communicate confidently with a wide range of stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will depend on our priorities, but will include some or all of the following:
- Working on all aspects of sustainability policy
- Developing Carbon Disclosure Programme reports
- Develop and obtain acceptance of Science Based Target initiatives (SBTi)
- Progress carbon counting for farms and factory
- Assessment of carbon counting on farms
- Liaising with retailers on biodiversity and net zero policy
- Practical farm-level development of assessment and Roadmap to Net Zero
- Keeping up to date with legislation and best practice
As part of our integrated agricultural team, you will be office based but will spend a significant proportion of your time on farms across the northern UK. You will also represent the company at political and policy development levels with various stakeholders including government, NGOs, major retailer and food service customers, which will require some UK and international travel.
What are we looking for?
Communication is a big part of this role, both internally, with farmers and retailers. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and interest in sustainability issues
- Ability to think strategically, but also focus on performance delivery
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills
- Inclusive and collaborative approach, whilst working under own initiative
- Building and maintaining effective relationships
- Skills to manage a number of complex projects in tandem
- Computer literacy and adaptability (especially for Excel and bespoke packages)
- Clean full driving licence
- Enthusiasm to learn
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
Company pool car: available for use during working hours
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
If your education or experience looks a little different, but you believe you can bring your unique skill set to this role, we’d still love to hear from you.
Please send a C.V. to David@lakesfreerange.co.uk