Published in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015, this statement outlines the steps taken by The Lakes Free Range Egg Co, to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking throughout our business and supply chains.
- The Lakes Free Range Egg Co has a continued commitment to providing our customers with goods that have been prepared and packed in decent and safe working conditions, lawfully, through fair and honest dealings and without exploiting the people who helped produce the finished item.
- The Lakes Free Range Egg Co has a Code of Conduct and an Ethical Supplier Policy. We require all our suppliers to review and agree to our Code of Conduct. This Code applies to the supplier, manufacturer and any other individual involved in supplying goods to our company. Our Code is fair, achievable, easy to check and to promote the ongoing development of our suppliers. It is the responsibility of our main suppliers to inform their subcontractors (if any are used) of our Code of Conduct and its content, to ensure compliance.
- We have a long standing relationship with our supply base. Our management team continue to visit our main suppliers regularly to maintain and grow these relationships. Any new supplier to us must complete the supplier and factory set up process before any orders agreed, (PQQ). This process ensures we have the appropriate visibility of the suppliers being used and commitment from the supplier to our Code of Conduct and ethical policies.
- We work with an established supply base and build close relationships with our suppliers. We understand that our biggest exposure to modern slavery could be in our supply chains, where we will continue to undertake due diligence to minimise this risk. Our finished products materials are all sourced from the United Kingdom.
- For any of the packaging of eggs used by us, we approve using information from a third party social audits and or our own in-house inspection, which are completed and qualified. These audits or inspections are undertaken against The Lakes Free Range Egg Co. ethical codes and standards and consist of site tours, document reviews if needed and worker interviews. Our compliance team ensure any non-compliance is resolved in a timely manner relative to the associated risk of the concern.
- The Lakes Free Range Egg Co. is committed to continuing to address and minimise the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking within our business and supply chain. We will continue to review our policies and processes throughout the next fiscal year. Our Buying and Compliance team will continue to visit our main suppliers as and when required, to further our working relationship and involvement within our supply base.
This statement was approved by The SMT on 21 July 2021.