Gemma Simmonite, co-owner of Gastrono-me in Bury St Edmunds, has created the incredible pud, bringing together the favourite tennis season flavours: strawberries, raspberries, crushed meringues and an ever-so-naughty Pimm’s glaze. We spotted this in Hello Magazine!
For the Cheesecake Base
- 100 g butter melted
- 225 g digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
For the Filling
- 900 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese room temperature
- 250 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of lemon zest
- 3 large free-range eggs plus 1 yolk room temperature
- 200 ml sour cream at room temperature and stirred until smooth
For the Pimm’s Glaze
- 100 ml Pimm’s
- 300 ml cloudy lemonade
- 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam
- 1 tsp of grenadine
- Strawberries raspberries, thinly paired cucumber, crushed meringue shells & mint
For the Cheesecake
- Heat the oven to 180C/160F
- Tip the biscuits, melted butter, caster and salt into a food processor and blitz to make fine crumbs, press into the tin firmly and bake for 10 minutes remove and allow to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220C/200F With an electric hand whisk or tabletop mixer beat the cream cheese on a low speed for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the caster sugar, when incorporated add the flour, making sure to scrape the sides.
- Now add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, eggs, and the egg yolk, again scraping down to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. · Add the soured cream and whisk on low until just blended.
- Pour in the filling and bake for ten minutes
- Reduce the oven to 110C/90F and bake for a further 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and open the door and leave for a further 2 hours.
For the Pimm’s Glaze
- Put the Pimm’s, lemonade, grenadine and jam into a small saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes until reduced and syrupy then strain into a jug and cool.
- Arrange the strawberries, raspberries, meringue pieces, coiled cucumber slices, and mint. Drizzle with the Pimm’s glaze to make your toppings glisten.