Judith’s Mince Pies
This pastry is so rich and crumbly and makes the most melt in the mouth mince pies. Our friend Judith gave us the recipe - her mince pies are award winning!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 12 oz salted butter
- 1 free-range egg (medium) - optional
- 2 tbsp icing sugar heaped
- 1 Ib plain Flour
- pinch of salt - optional
- For the pastry add all ingredients to a mixer and blend until all ingredients are mixed together
- Let the pastry rest overnight if possible - or keep very cold before rolling out
- Roll pastry out and use a cutter to create pie bases and lids.
- Fill a non-stick bun tray (or mini muffin tray) with bases
- Add filling, then brush edges of pastry with egg wash
- Top with a lid and press down. Brush the top with egg wash
- Insert a hole or design to allow steam out
- Bake in an oven 190 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- When cooled, remove from tin and dust with icing sugar