An easy to make dessert that's great with British Berries
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 500 g/1lb 2oz strawberries hulls removed
- 400 ml/14fl oz double cream
- 3 x 7.5cm/3in ready-made meringue nests crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger cordial optional
- sprigs of fresh mint to garnish
- Purée half the strawberries in a blender. Chop the remaining strawberries, reserving four for decoration.
- Whip the double cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in the strawberry purée and crushed meringue. Fold in the chopped strawberries and ginger cordial, if using.
- Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into four cold wine glasses. Serve garnished with the remaining strawberries and a sprig of mint.
Top Tip: A splash of ginger cordial adds a twist to this classic Eton Mess recipe.