Delia’s Scrambled Eggs
Super tasty scrambled egg – the Delia way Not enough people can cook scrambled eggs so we thought we’d share this recipe from one of the greatest cooks who love eggs. Delia made scrambled eggs for the very first time by following a recipe by the famous French chef August Escoffier, it’s still the best version of all. And like many chefs (including James Martin!) their preferred proper ingredient is butter.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 free range eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 20 g a knob of butter
- A little crème fraiche or cream for a treat
- First – the pan goes onto a medium heat.
- Season the lightly beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of butter goes into the pan and swirl it around so the base and sides are moistened.
- When it begins to melt and foam, pour in the eggs and start to stir.
- As the eggs begin to cook keep on stirring, getting into the corners of the pan with the pointed end of the spoon.
- Be patient and continue to scramble until three-quarters of the egg is a creamy solid mass. At this point remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining butter (about a teaspoon).
- Add a hint of luxury with a little splash of cream or crème fraîche – or even smoked salmon flakes. The eggs will carry on cooking in the heat of the pan until there is no liquid left. Serve quickly. And that’s all there is to it!