Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Use up leftover Christmas Pudding with this tasty frozen treat we found in BBC Good Food page- it was created by a BBC Good Food Reader – Jo Langley – we love it Jo Thanks.
Prep Time 15 minutes
- 4 large free range egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 175 g leftover Christmas Pudding
- 2-3 tablespoons brandy or Orange liqueur
- 300 ml double cream
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar with an electric whisk for 10 mins until pale and thick. Break up the Christmas pudding with a fork and stir it into the egg mixture so it is evenly distributed, then pour in the brandy and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it holds soft peaks, then fold it into the mixture with a large metal spoon. Pour into a freezer-proof container, cover well and freeze for several hours until set.