Banana Protein Pancakes
This is an American recipe which has plenty of protein and NO GRAINS - yes, no flour at all. Try making them with bananas or even oatmeal… - two options for the price of one!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats uncooked
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- sliced banana for garnish
- pure maple syrup for serving
- In a blender, add all the ingredients except for the coconut oil.
- Blend this until very smooth.
- To cook these banana protein pancakes, heat a skillet or griddle over medium to medium-high heat and melt a little coconut oil. You could also use some organic, grass-fed butter.
- Once the oil is melted, pour about 1/3 of a cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. This will make approximately 4 in pancakes, which is what we prefer in our house.
- Cook the pancake for 2-4 minutes, until the edges begin to turn from a shiny to a dull and bubbles appear in the centre of that pancake.
- Flip using a spatula and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, you can top with some fresh sliced bananas and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
Fresh fruit, maple syrup, natural yoghurt, honey…. plenty of ways to create a topping that are healthy and tasty too. Find alternatives using chocolate or sweet potatoes: More protein pancake ideas